Recognising and celebrating excellence amongst the skilled workforce of our region.
The Southern North Island Training Awards provides a collective voice for the forestry sector in Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu, Wairarapa, Tararua and Wellington. 2020 saw the cancellation of the awards due to the Covid-19 pandemic, however, 2021 will see the return of this highly anticipated event.
The key objectives in having these awards are to benefit the region’s forestry industry in several exciting ways, namely:
- To attract skilled employees to the region as valued forest industry players
- To up skill and lift the standard of the skill base of the forestry workforce
- To provide an opportunity for the SNI’s forest industry to celebrate its skilled professionals
- To unite industry players
- To create a healthy and challenging competition amongst the industry
We encourage businesses within the industry to become involved in this exciting event. It is important that we all share the vision to recognise skilled professionals, applaud them and create a desire to continue to lift the profile of forestry in the Southern North Island region.